Norman was born in Wolverhampton in 1896, and William in 1892, the sons of William and Lizzie Robinson. In 1901 they were living at The Hollies, Upper Penn, along with their sister Marjorie G. From September 1904 until Easter 1907 Norman attended Wolverhampton Grammar School, before going to Wellington College, Shropshire. In 1911, he was a boarder at Grove House, Stratford on Avon. William also attended Wolverhampton Grammar School, and appears to have been with his aunt and uncle at 206 Newhampton Road, by 1911, when he was working as a clerk.
Norman joined the D Squadron of the Staffordshire Yeomanry as a Trooper (number 2638). He became an orderly to Viscount Lewisham, before going to Egypt with his regiment on 10 November 1915. Unfortunately, he succumbed to heat apoplexy and died on 4 June 1916 in Esbet-el-Kargat, Fayum. He appeared in the Midland Counties Express on 23 December 1916. He is buried at Cairo War Memorial Cemetery.
William served as a Private and later a Sergeant with the Lancashire Fusiliers (number 7179). He was discharged on 2 May 1916. He married Elizabeth P. Edwards in Wolverhampton in 1925.