The daughter of William H. and Lydia, Florence was born in Wolverhampton on 15 July 1895. In 1901, the family were at Muchall Road, Upper Penn, along with Florence’s siblings Winneyfred [sic], Susan Lillian, Elsie M., and William H. B. By 1911, they were at Gordon Villa, Penn.
Florence served as a special police woman during the First World War. By 1939, she was living with her widowed mother and two of her sisters at Longridge House, Cannock, and was a poultry attendant, assisting her mother who was a farmer. Florence married Charles G. Harrison in Cannock in 1944. She died in Taunton, Somerset, in 1979.