The daughter of Tom and Deborah Westwood, Deborah was born in Wolverhampton on 5 November 1889. In 1901, she was living with her parents at 29 Wednesfield Road, Wolverhampton, along with her siblings Tom William, Dennis, Ina and Lizzie. They were at 153 Wednesfield Road by 1911, with an additional child, Eileen. Deborah was now working as an elementary school teacher.
From Jun 1917 onwards, Deborah (whose address was now 60 Wednesfield Road), served as a nurse with the British Red Cross. She also helped out by sewing at the Soldiers Wards at the Wolverhampton General Hospital.
Deborah married Joseph W. Burton in Wolverhampton in 1918. The couple had four children – Dennis W. (1920), Sheila D. (1923), Michael J. (1931) and Mary P. (1935). By 1939, the family were living at 19 Oxbarn Avenue, Wolverhampton. Deborah died in Wolverhampton in 1962.