Albert Lewis Lee was born in 1892 in Wolverhampton, the son of Enoch and Amy Lee. In 1901 they were living at 54 Johnson Street, together with Albert’s sisters Elsie and Ada and brother Enoch. They were at the same address in 1911. By this date, Albert had become an assistant engineer to a paint manufacturer.
Albert enlisted in to the 1/6th Battalion of the South Staffordshire Regiment (number 3120), and was initially posted to France. According to the entry on the Wolverhampton War Memorials site, he
was severely wounded in September 1915 while serving in the line in the Hill 60 sector. He was evacuated to hospital but died of his wounds at a Casualty Clearing Station in Vlamertinghe 3 September 1915 age 23.
He appears in the Vlamertinghe Military Cemetery, and is commemorated on the Mander Brothers Memorial (which tells us which paint manufacturer he was working for), the Queen Street Congregational Church Memorial, and possibly also the St Luke’s Church Memorial in Blakenhall (an “A. Lee”).